Wednesday, May 19, 2004

What's it worth to you?

Sometimes I wonder why all my logic and good sense seem to turn off when it comes to IBgames. Why do I spend so much time working for a company that pays me nothing? I invest vast amounts of my time, knowledge, skills, and money in a company that essentially gives me nothing in return. Well, they do give me lots of agro and abuse and insult. And that is wrong.
I've decided to take Alan's advice and apply it to IBgames. Recently in a discussion about why players should pay for Alan's game when there are loads of excellent free games out there, he said, if it has real value, people will pay for it. If they won't pay for it, you're only kidding yourself.
I think it's time to stop kidding myself and start asking, "What's it worth to you?" every time IBgames asks me to do something for them. I don't mean they have to payme a salary. But they have to offer me some sort of quid pro quo, some value in exchange for what they propose I give to them.

The time has come, the Walrus said...

No comments: