Tuesday, May 03, 2005

What a monumental downpour here! It's been raining on and off all day, often severely with gusts of high wind. But about sunset the sky cleared and it warmed up and we had a sunny end to the day - or so I thought.

Just now a load of lightning and thunder and massive storm rolled in. The rain is so loud you can hear it thru the double or triple paned glass. The entire skyline flashing with lightning and massive rolls of thunder. Wow! I closed the terrace doors. I presume the cats have sense enough to be inside. If not, I'm sure they'll make the fact known soon enough.

I'm going into the livingroom now. Going to turn off the lights and watch the storm. The livingroom here has, essentially, a glass wall onto the terrace. The view looks out over the city onto the Jura mountains. We're on the 5th floor (by European style counting) or the 6th floor (by American style counting). Yes, we have an elevator.

No comments: