Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I risked the stairs this morning when, after an endless wait, it was apparent the elevator just was not coming. I had a hunch it was an issue with the exterior door somewhere not closing properly or something to do with the signalling.

Anyway down all 6 flights I trudged. And they are loooong flights even going down. I walked to the bakery by the train station. Yay! I actually knew where the train station was (guesses correctly from memory), so score 1 point for me on orientation.

Bought a loaf of fresh Basel bread and a cinnamon pastry then headed over to a discount supermarket that's basically caned and packaged products, not fresh food, to get the tomatoes and flour, etc I need for today. I'm making stuffed cabbage in sweet & sour tomato sauce. Dessert is crepes with strawberries, bananas and whipped cream or ice cream. I've sliced and marinated the strawberries already.

Lucky for me, my guess on the elevator was correct. When I got back to the house with my heavy shopping bag, the elevator was waiting on the ground floor and worked just fine. Someone needs to sort out the door signaling circuits, tho.

My coffee should be ready now. Ahhhh first coffee of the morning!

No comments: