Monday, May 10, 2004

The Visitors

I watched a charming French film last night called The Visitors. The combination of French langauge and subtitles works very well here. (I think English dubbing would have been a big mistake.) My Fench is good enough that I caught most of the dialogue and the subtitles became almost invisble, just a useful almost subliminal poke to direct my mind on the right path as needed.

On to the film itself. Marvelous. Funny and charming, reflective as well about changing morals and manners, and an elegant touch of tristesse. And romantic in many ways.

I highly recommend you see this film. (If you can't find it locally to rent, I have the DVD and will lend it to you. This offer extended only to personal family and friends; you know who you are.) Yes, the film is THAT GOOD. Even if it is in French.

No comments: