Wednesday, June 15, 2005

This morning it was finally warm and sunny. I decided it was time to move the herb seedlings out to the terrace. So with 3 planter of herbs in my arms, I went out to the terrace. Unfortunately, when I opened the door to slip out, the damn white cat slipped between my feet and escaped. I dumped the pots on the terrace wall and ran after the cat to recapture it. That wasn't too bad, but he was displeased and showing claws. So I wrapped him in my arms, pushed open the door to the living room and stepped down ( it's a 9" drop from the terrace to the parquet floor of the livingroom). The problem was, I was barefoot and the terrace was a bit wet and had some leaf bits left from the storm. So I stepped down and my wet heel hit the polished parquet floor and I slid, and slid and SMACK! I cracked my side onto the floor - which is really wicked because the parquet is laid on a cement foundation. I also sliced open the front of my leg on the metal sill of the terrace door.

Anyway, the wind was knocked out of me, I may have blacked out from the inmpact for a couple of seconds. I just lay there, waves of pain rushing over me. Not able to break, almost paralysed from the shock. After a few minutes I was able to breathe a bit better but couldn't control my body enough to get up. I wriggled to the sofa and pulled myself up.

The rest of the day has been one of intense pain. Even a strong dose of painkillers only takes of f the edge. Luckily no ribs broken but lots of deep tissue bruising along the whole side esp in the chest. My leg's pretty painful also. I just took a very hot shower and that helped ease the muscles a lot. But the pain is returning now so I'm off to bed for a while.

1 comment:

Broklynite said...

Fucking cats sometimes.