Thursday, September 09, 2004

Useless knowledge of the day contest

What is linen water?

I was out today doing various weekly chores. As a treat for myself I stopped by a little local close-outs shop. This place is definitely legit since it cycles through all sorts of luxurious and posh items that I've drooled over at their original prices. Of course, these luxurious products are usually sold in posh shops in trendy areas. I guess the ends and leftovers get sent off to cheap little stores in marginal residential areas, there to salvage their last bit of value by selling for 99 cents.

Today, to my delight, the shop had a rag tag assortment of natural French traditional scents products ...including a case of elegant bottles of linen water. Yes, I do know what linen water is. The shop owner had no idea tho, as I discovered chatting with him while I waited on line to check out. I explained to him the concept and use of linen water and he was thoroughly horrified at the decadence of it. Clearly a holdover of the Raj. He denounced it loudly.

So, your mission if you choose to accept it, is to explain what linen water is.
I'll provide the answer next week.

No comments: