Wednesday, September 08, 2004

New Events in my so-called Life

1. I've made reservations on VirginAtlantic to fly to London Oct 7th.

Alan's been nagging me about this for a while now. I've put it off because I couldn't financially justify it when I wasn't working. Finally Alan called and told me to just put it on his frequent flyer miles and use his credit card to pay the fees. So voila, I'm off to London. I'm just waiting for them to send the e-ticket so I can pick my seats

2. I'm looking for a job.

I know, I know, I've been looking for a new job for a while now. But I've moved myself into high gear now and I'm working very seriously at it, really truly looking. And no, going to London won't screw it up. The last 3 jobs I got were all within a week of making reservations to go to London. It's almost like some good luck talisman. They were all fine about the scheduling, too.

3. I've gone back on my serious diet again.

I guess this is all part and parcel of putting my life back together again. I was really pleased how well the dieting went last year. So I expect similar results this year. Perhaps even to the point of reaching maintenance. We shall see.

No comments: