Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Halloween


So my entire post here disappeared. Phooey!

Basically, I waxed lyrical about my husband, who used to poo-poo Halloween as just another American fake commercial holiday nonsense, going full on into over the top holiday planning madness in June. It started with him inquiring about which type chocolate bars I’d order to give out to the kids. Huh? I order Halloween candy in October. He was shocked and outraged. How could I risk waiting until the last minute like that? I might not be able to buy the right chocolate bars, or as many as we’d need, blah, blah.  Then he asked what I had in mind for decorating. Decorating? Like Christmas lights type decorating? Uhhh like none. Just chocolate bars for the trick to treat’ers. Ohhhh No no no! He had all sorts of clever ideas like giant cobwebs and spiders and tiny twinkly lights for a spooky walk from the garden gate to the back door where he’d now hand out the treats. From there it got surreal - he’d have steaming hot mulled cider for the adults and cocoa for kids and I stopped the madness at that point and told him he could have anything he wanted as long as he did it all.

My mistake, he started muttering about getting out the barbecue and offering burgers etc.

Madness! Madness! But it’s still only June, lots of time for reality to creep in........

No comments: