Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ikea part 2

Sofa arrived and Alan assembled it remarkably quickly and easily. It looks even better than it did at the store. I really like it now! OK, so I was wrong grumbling about it. However, that only makes it worse because as I predicted it sticks out like a horrible sore thumb.

The contrast between the beauty of the sofa and the ridiculous awkwardness of it sticking out into the room and partially blocking my desk and the general idiocy of having a big bookcase behind it quickly seeped into Alan's conciousness and after a couple of measurements he admitted that he could move the bookcase into a  corner of the bedroom so the sofa can sit directly against the wall. Problem solved. (What a surprise ;)

Alan and I are both amazed at how nice the sofa is. I never expected this from just looking at it at Ikea and sitting on it at the store. It really looks so different, so much better. Yay!

FWIW, we bought the Ektorp 2-seater sofa in white. The living room walls are painted a soft dove gray and the woodwork and shelving is white.

1 comment:

Broklynite said...

Mmm. I've done the sofa-up-against-a-bookcase deal before and it's never a good idea.