Monday, August 01, 2011

Alan bought me a new computer this weekend. It took me most of Saturday & Sunday to move my files from the old laptop onto a usb drive. Tonight we finally set up the new computer, an HP desktop, and I'm now finishing up moving files. There's still a few hours work installing and migrating data, sorting out mail and passwords, etc but essentially I'm up and running on the new machine.

What a delight it is, my first brand new computer in over 6 years. It's been a nightmare reusing machines from Alan or work, etc and always having to deal with a myriad of things that just don't work right because someone set them up wrong and I inherited the problem.

Next month we'll add a 2nd hard drive as this machine has a spare slot ready for it. I'm hoping to get a 2T drive. I'll also get some more memory as that's deeply discounted at the moment. A new printer is probably going to be a must as HP seems to not be supporting 64bit drivers for the one we have.

No comments: