Wednesday, July 26, 2006

So finally after a week visiting in London, Asti managed to drive Adam by my house. Of course it was at 6:30am and he was on his way to the airport to return to NYC and she had to rush off to an appointment at work so we're talking about a few minutes which were spend running to Alan's house to grab a laptop to give Adam.

Pathetic, really. I would have enjoyed even an hour together and Adam would have as well. I wanted to wander down to the river Thames with him and sit on the terrace at the London Apprentice with a drink and relax and chat together a bit. It will have to wait for the next trip when Asti won't own all Adam's time.

Meanwhile, I'm still actively job hunting. The AOL job didn't pan out. They decided a harder, quieter, British male was a better choice. That's HR, not the head of the dept he'll be working for. HR said the problem was the head of the dept would have liked me better but they preferred someone who would only think of the job at hand 100% of the time and not "get creative".

Umm ok. Not.

I've learned a hard lesson about HR here. I'll know better next time.

No comments: