Saturday, October 30, 2004

First night at work went well! Commuting there takes a long time but it's relatively straightforward. Going home, I got a lift to my door from one of the other techs who lives in Brooklyn. Hopefully we can work it out so he'll do that every night. That would be ace.

Friday Andrew came over and we went to my local post office to apply for his new passport. Turned out, my post office had a clueful woman behind the counter. She was careful but helpful! What a shock ;) WIthin the hour Andrew's papers were certified and accepted for processing. He didn't need me at all- which is how his local post office *should* have done it on Thursday. I really hate incompetent civil service people, esp USPS jerks who seems to make a complete speciality of being the biggest jerks possible.

Anyway, having a relaxing weekend. Work starts for real on Monday.

No comments: