Sunday, May 02, 2004

Spam - hate it. I mean really and truly hate it and the people who send it. I want to have them sent to jail for many years, confiscate all their property, hurt them. A lot.

Seriously, spam used to just annoy me when I was on broadband and using Outlook. The speed of broadband made downloading 1000+ pieces of abominable, sick, sexual offers and drug sales, and fraudulent offers of every kind a quick and almost transparent process. Outlook easily let me set up a simple filter (rule) to separate mail ONLY from people or lists in my addressbook from the vast deluge of spam. It was a snap.

Now however, I'm back on plain old dial-up and downloading the huge accumulations of rubbishy spam takes real time! A lot of time. My time at MY expense. And to protect myself from the increasingly sophisticated malicious crap arriving I'm forced to use Pegasus mail (which I find seriously inferior to Outlook in ALL ways). The worst part about Pegasus mail is the filtering system is so crappy I haven't been able to get it to separate the mail the way Outlook did. This means MAJOR amounts of my time being wasted to manually delete the spam. I hate this!

I hate spammers.

No comments: